November 03, 2008
ted makes downloading TV shows easy!
We are two TV addicts. The internet is great to provide us with our favorite TV shows free, early and watchable on demand. We always had to spend lots of time to keep up to date with the newest episodes. Until we created ted, our torrent episode downloader.
ted can find episodes of any TV show you like to watch. Just add your favorite shows to ted and he will search for the newest episodes and downloads them for you. ted uses bittorrent and RSS technology to get you the newest episodes as fast as possible!
Besides Ted, you will need to download and install a bittorrent client. I use Bitlord, but there are tons out there that you might like better. Be aware that the default setting for most bittorrent clients is to prompt you before downloading begins. You will want to disable that option to make good use of Ted. Anyway, here's how you do it:
1) Download and install your bittorrent client of choice and set the "do not prompt before downloading" option.
2) Download and install Ted. You will be shown various options that you can change, but I'd suggest using the default ones, especially this one:
3) Add the shows that you want to download, usually up to several weeks in advance. The default list is quite extensive. Once you've selected a show, you will see several possible downloads, and when they'll be available. Click on the image below to expand it:
4) Suppose that you're looking for something that isn't on the list like, say, the Legend of the Seeker? Simply click on Add a custom show, enter the title and search for an episode. You can select a specific season/episode or select from available episodes, which works well if some episodes have already aired:
5) Ted will search for an uncompressed file with some minimum number of seeds and begin downloading.
You can watch the AVIs on your computer or convert/burn them to DVDs and watch them on your television. If you do so, I recommend using some DVD-RW discs so that you can save some money. However, if you plan to keep the episodes forever, go ahead and use the -R or +R discs. Be aware that you can stuff lots of episodes onto a single disc.
89 queries taking 0.461 seconds, 231 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.