July 11, 2005
* While ears need to be cleaned regularly, this is a job that should be done in private using one's OWN truck keys.
* Proper use of toiletries can forestall bathing for several days. However, if you live alone, deodorant is a waste of good money.
* Dirt and grease under the fingernails is a social no-no, as they tend to detract from a woman's jewelry and sometimes alter the taste of finger foods.
* When decanting wine, make sure that you tilt the paper cup, and pour slowly so as not to "bruise" the fruit of the vine.
* If drinking directly from the bottle, always hold it with your fingers covering the label.
ENTERTAINING IN YOUR HOME
* A centerpiece for the table should not be something prepared by a taxidermist.
* Do not allow the dog to eat at the table...no matter how good his manners
DATING (Outside the Family)
* Always offer to bait your date's hook, especially on the FIRST date.
* Be aggressive. Let her know you're interested: "I've been wanting to go out with you ever since I read that stuff on the bathroom wall two years ago."
* Establish with her parents what time she is expected back. Some will say 10:00 PM; others might say "Monday." If the latter is the answer, it is the man's responsibility to get her to school on time.
* Crying babies should be taken to the lobby. and picked up immediately, after the movie has ended.
* Refrain from talking to characters on the screen. Tests have proven they can't hear you.
* Livestock, usually, is a poor choice for a wedding gift.
* When kissing the bride, it's impolite to use your tongue.
* For the groom, at least, rent a tux. A leisure suit with a cummerbund and a clean bowling shirt is considered tacky in some circles
* Though uncomfortable, say "yes" to socks and shoes for this special occasion.
* Dim your headlights for approaching vehicles; Even if the gun is loaded, and the deer is in sight.
* When approaching a four-way stop, the vehicle with the largest tires and the most guns in the rack always has the right of way.
* Never tow another car using pantyhose and duct tape.
* When sending your wife down the road with a gas can, it is impolite to ask her to bring back beer.
* Never relieve yourself from a moving vehicle, especially when driving.
* Do not lay rubber when leaving a funeral or burial site.
TIPS FOR ALL OCCASIONS
* Never take beer to a job interview, leave it outside.
* Always identify people in your yard before shooting at them.
* It's considered tacky to take a cooler to church, no matter how long the sermon.
* If you have to vacuum the bed, it is time to change the sheets.
Posted by: Harvey at July 11, 2005 04:36 PM (ubhj8)
Posted by: physics geek at July 11, 2005 08:06 PM (9xutE)
91 queries taking 0.1537 seconds, 234 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.