June 29, 2005
1) I'm #8 for erotic girl scouts
2) I'm #5 for Michael Jackson games
3) I'm the top four searches for Physics Geek
Pity. It should have been the top ten. But I'll get there soon enough.
|Your IQ Is 140|
Your Logical Intelligence is Genius
Your Verbal Intelligence is Genius
Your Mathematical Intelligence is Genius
Your General Knowledge is Genius
A spokesman for the company said Regional has no plans to apologize for running a television commercial that said the difference between a wife and a lover was 30 kilograms (about 66 pounds), the newspaper El Universal reported.
Women called the advertising misogynist and demanded.
The Regional spokesman said the company wouldn't apologize unless it is forced to do so by the courts. He added: "I bet all these women's groups are run by women who are at least 30 kilos overweight."
Think about an empty collar at the pet store. Will it look good on the cat? Will the cat like it? Is it a safe collar for the cat to wear if they get tangled in something?
Sometimes, a collar wears out. Or it breaks. Those empty collars are just junk, and you just toss them away.
But every now and then, an empty collar means something else:
A friend is gone.
The front page is a memorial for Edloe.
Your pets aren't animals that happen to live in your house; they're members of your family and should be grieved for as such.
June 28, 2005
1) your connection speed
2) information about your hard drive and CD-ROMs installed
3) spyware or parasites infecting your system
4) and a lot more
Worth checking out, even if several of the tests only work in IE.
June 27, 2005
I called back and the fun began:
Me: "Hi. I paid to renew my account last week. The phone rep had asked me to call back to verify that everything was okay."
Rep: "I see. Sir, your account has expired."
Me: "I know. That's why I paid to renew last week. There was some weird database issue and I wanted to know if it had been resolved."
Rep: "Sir, your account has expired and you need to pay to bring it up to date."
Me: "I paid the account last week."
Rep: " The charge didn't go through. You need to pay to renew your account."
Me: "I'm sorry, what?"
Rep: "You need to pay to renew. The charge didn't go through."
Me: "What do you mean, it didn't it go through? You would have told me if the payment failed."
Rep: "It didn't go through. You can pay to renew if you want."
Me: ::peeved:: "I paid last week. The rep was unable to update my account due to the expiration date being in the 19th century. '
Rep: "Your account has expired, sir. You can pay to renew right now if you want to."
Me: ::voice rising:: "Listen closely. I can pay AGAIN to renew this account, but if two charges show up on my bill I will call back and demand to get my money back, and I won't expend a lot of energy being polite about it!"
Rep: "Hold, please."
--> While the Muzak played, I considered the possible error of yelling at the phone rep on the phone. She could put me on hold until the sun goes nova, if she so desires.<--
Rep: "Sir? You are correct. You DID pay last week and the funds have been applied to your account. And there is some odd technical issue with your account which our customer service reps are trying to fix."
Me: "So when should I call back to verify that my account has been fixed?"
Rep: "It should be okay sometime tomorrow. Why don't you try calling back then?"
Me: ::deep breath:: "Okey-dokey. Sorry for raising my voice to you earlier."
Rep: "No problem, sir. I wouldn't want to pay twice for the same service. I can see why you would get upset."
No shit. We'll see tomorrow if this problem gets resolved.
June 23, 2005
1. Determine a theme. Most bloggers take one of three approaches. Some write on whatever happens to interest them at the moment. In this sense, their blog is truly a web journal. Others, select a single theme and stick to it. Frankly, this takes a lot of discipline. Still others, like me, focus on a primary theme but occasionally deviate from it. If you want to develop a following of loyal readers, I think the latter two approaches are best. People who have similar interests will keep coming back for more.
7. Publicize your blog. Youll want to make sure youre pinging the major weblog tracking sites. Most of the blogging services handle this automatically, as do the offline blogging clients. Dont worry if you dont understand this process. You dont need to understand it to use it. (Here's a simple explanation.) Basically, your service or software will send a notification to the tracking sites to alert them that you have posted a new entry. If your software doesnt allow this, you might want to make use of pingomatic. This is a super-easy service that will ping fourteen different services. All you have to do is enter your blog address whenever you post a new entry. If you want to manually enter a comprehensive list of ping services, heres a list to get you started.
8. Write regularly. This is the best advice I could give you for building readership. If people like what you write, they will come back. However, if theres nothing new to read, they will eventually lose interest. So, the more regularly you post something, the more your readership will grow. I suggest you schedule time to write. It wont happen on its own. At some point, it comes down to making a commitment and sticking to it.
Read the rest.
90 queries taking 0.2004 seconds, 234 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.